Pumpkin and winter squash are part of autumn, winter and the holidays. I love eating local seasonal food and am really happy it is squash season. Baked squash is warming, sweet, dense and nutritious.
I also love easy recipes and this recipe couldn’t’ be easier (its just 3 ingredients).
Enjoy this every day or for a yummy Thanksgiving dish.
Kiki’s Easy Vegan “Everyday is a Holiday” Recipe:
Roasted Kabocha Squash with Miso
What you’ll need:
- 1 Organic Kabocha Squash (or a small pumpkin or butternut squash)
- 1 Tablespoon of organic miso (any kind)
- ½ Tablespoon organic coconut oil
- A baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut your squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
3. Rub the skin with coconut oil
4. In a glass baking dish add a half-inch of filtered water and stir your miso in the water to blend.
4. Place your squash (one half for a smaller portion, both halves for a larger group) in the dish.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes. To test readiness – if the skin pierces easily with a fork – it’s ready to go.
6. Scoop out the yummy squash and serve!